From: Katrine Duus Terkelsen
Subject: Fwd: Comedy of Things update
Date: 1 Dec 2014 11:43:01 GMT+1
To: Morten Axel Pedersen
Dear Anne Line Dalsgård,
The Comedy of Things event is rapidly approaching. Here is an update containing vital information:
As Katrine has already informed you, you will shortly receive a Comedy of Things box. Crucially, the box is to remain unopened until Thursday 21 of August at 6 p.m! (Please contact Katrine if you face any problems receiving the box as it is of vital importance that you have received it by the 21 of August).
Due to logistical circumstances, we have decided to depart slightly from the original plan that was laid out in the invitation email.
There is thus one thing that we need you to start preparing before Thursday the 21 of Au gust, namely:
* Please identify and prepare to bring one artifact that you associate with your primary site of research and one artifact that you associate with your primary place of origin. The artifacts can but do not need to be in your possession. You may find them elsewhere, purchase them or whatever you find best.
* Crucially, the two artifacts should have certain proportions. Together, they should fit into the aforementioned Comedy of Things box – which you are not allowed to open! In order to get a sense of its size, please see the photos below. The size of the box is 15 cm x 32 cm x 36 (this approximately equals 6″ x 12.5″ X 14.2″). Please be advised that the ratio of funniness will be proportional with the degree to which the artifacts fit the box.
* It is important that you are ready to depart with these artifacts.
*Please confirm to Katrine that you have received this mail and also send a confirmation email when you have received the Comedy of Things box. Any other practical questions should also be addressed to Katrine.
* For urgent matters, we can be reached on these phone numbers: Katrine +4528777912; Morten Pedersen +45 31314630; Morten Nielsen +45 28562332.
* Finally, please note that the Comedy of Things event will be documented by Christian Vium and Karen Waltorp, two Danish visual anthropologists, whom we have known and worked with for many years.
We are looking very much forward to seeing you in a couple of months.
All the very best,
Morten & Morten